NEW YORK (AP) — Direct mail and marketing services company Harland Clark Holdings Corp. is buying online coupon company RetailMeNot Inc.
Harland Clark is paying $11.60 per share for RetailMeNot, a 50 percent premium on the Austin, Texas-based company’s closing stock price of $7.75 on Monday.
Given the number of RetailMeNot shares outstanding, the deal is valued at about $560 million. The companies listed the deal’s equity value, which includes debt, the value of stock options and convertible securities, at $630 million.
RetailMeNot’s shares soared Tuesday to hover near the deal price.
Harland Clarke is a subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Inc., an investment firm headed by Ronald Perelman.
The deal is expected to close in the second quarter.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny