CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Tennessee say a 13-year-old boy wounded in an accidental shooting has died.
Police said in a statement that the boy died Monday evening after suffering a single gunshot wound to the head the day before.
Police say the shooting occurred at a home in Chattanooga. Another juvenile at the home called emergency crews when the shooting occurred and the boy was taken to a hospital.
Further details weren’t immediately available.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- One dead in Tennessee church shooting, 7 more wounded
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer