Child hurt by falling glass during Chandler shooting
PHOENIX — Police in Chandler said a child was hurt by falling glass during a shooting at a strip mall Monday morning.
The child’s injuries were not life threatening, authorities said.
Police said at least one man was suspected of firing several shots during an argument in a tattoo shop on Alma School Road near Galveston Street around 11 a.m.
After fleeing, suspected shooter Michael David Hart, 23, was arrested without incident at a residence near Guadalupe and Alma School roads, according to police. Authorities said the arrest happened near Dobson High School, so it was placed on lockdown.
The child was next door in a barber shop.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona lawmakers say global subsidies threaten local airline jobs
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort