PHOENIX — Police in Chandler said a child was hurt by falling glass during a shooting at a strip mall Monday morning.
The child’s injuries were not life threatening, authorities said.
Police said at least one man was suspected of firing several shots during an argument in a tattoo shop on Alma School Road near Galveston Street around 11 a.m.
After fleeing, suspected shooter Michael David Hart, 23, was arrested without incident at a residence near Guadalupe and Alma School roads, according to police. Authorities said the arrest happened near Dobson High School, so it was placed on lockdown.
The child was next door in a barber shop.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Main Street Minute: Valley restaurant chain Scramble cooking up expansion
- Flooding forces another evacuation of Arizona town of Mayer
- Homeless mom, children to get fresh start in Phoenix
- While GOP works to repeal, Democrats say they have a plan to fix Obamacare
- Sen. John McCain broke news of his cancer ‘almost in passing’