WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A Kansas woman has been arrested in the decapitation killing of her ex-boyfriend’s mother whose 9-year-old grandson called 911 after fleeing from the attack.
KAKE-TV (http://bit.ly/2nvgG7c ) reports that 63-year-old Micki Davis was killed Sunday afternoon. A 35-year-old Wichita woman has been jailed without bond in Sedgwick County on suspicion of first-degree murder.
Lt Todd Ojile says the grandmother was attacked after she took her grandson to a home to collect property that belonged to the victim’s son. Ojile says that during the assault, the boy grabbed his grandmother’s phone and ran away.
Responding officers called for backup after finding the victim’s body in the garage. Police say the suspect was found hiding in the home.
Police plan to present the case to prosecutors Tuesday or Wednesday.
Information from: KAKE-TV.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Car jumps curb in Glendale, fatally strikes bicyclist
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95