Payless ShoeSource will close 7 of its Arizona stores
Payless ShoeSource will close seven of its Arizona locations as it restructures nationwide operations after filing for bankruptcy.
Last week, the shoe sales store announced the decision to close 400 shops across the country.
“This is a difficult but necessary decision driven by the continued challenges of the retail environment, which will only intensify,” said Payless CEO Paul Jones. “We will build a stronger Payless for our customers, vendors and suppliers, associates, business partners and other stakeholders through this process.
“We are confident that this process will also enable us to leverage Payless’s existing strengths to succeed.”
More than 20 locations in Arizona will remain open.
Payless stores closing in Arizona:
– Tuscano Towne Center Phoenix
– Metro Center Phoenix
– Foothills Center Phoenix
– 5122 N 95th Ave Glendale
– Menlo Park Tucson
– 108 N Morley Ave. Nogales
– Plaza Vista Mall Sierra Vista
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler
- Four Arizona cities among top 50 ‘most fun’ cities in US