Payless ShoeSource will close 7 of its Arizona stores
Payless ShoeSource will close seven of its Arizona locations as it restructures nationwide operations after filing for bankruptcy.
Last week, the shoe sales store announced the decision to close 400 shops across the country.
“This is a difficult but necessary decision driven by the continued challenges of the retail environment, which will only intensify,” said Payless CEO Paul Jones. “We will build a stronger Payless for our customers, vendors and suppliers, associates, business partners and other stakeholders through this process.
“We are confident that this process will also enable us to leverage Payless’s existing strengths to succeed.”
More than 20 locations in Arizona will remain open.
Payless stores closing in Arizona:
– Tuscano Towne Center Phoenix
– Metro Center Phoenix
– Foothills Center Phoenix
– 5122 N 95th Ave Glendale
– Menlo Park Tucson
– 108 N Morley Ave. Nogales
– Plaza Vista Mall Sierra Vista
- Tempe’s Innings Festival set to begin this weekend
- Students planning March for Our Lives events across Arizona
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Maricopa County was fastest-growing county in US from 2016-2017
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction