Payless ShoeSource will close seven of its Arizona locations as it restructures nationwide operations after filing for bankruptcy.
Last week, the shoe sales store announced the decision to close 400 shops across the country.
“This is a difficult but necessary decision driven by the continued challenges of the retail environment, which will only intensify,” said Payless CEO Paul Jones. “We will build a stronger Payless for our customers, vendors and suppliers, associates, business partners and other stakeholders through this process.
“We are confident that this process will also enable us to leverage Payless’s existing strengths to succeed.”
More than 20 locations in Arizona will remain open.
Payless stores closing in Arizona:
– Tuscano Towne Center Phoenix
– Metro Center Phoenix
– Foothills Center Phoenix
– 5122 N 95th Ave Glendale
– Menlo Park Tucson
– 108 N Morley Ave. Nogales
– Plaza Vista Mall Sierra Vista
- Phoenix libraries hosting program to learn about solar eclipse
- Express Scripts mail-order pharmacy to limit opioids
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Trump ends business councils after slew of CEOs drop out