Collision on I-17 leaves 4 injured, including pregnant mother of 3
PHOENIX — A collision on the Interstate 17 northbound has left four people injured, including a pregnant mother of three.
The 30-year-old mother, who is 8 months pregnant, was trapped in the driver’s seat after three children were removed by bystanders. She was removed after a 15-minute technical extraction and an emergency birth took place. The condition of the newborn is unknown.
The mother is in critical condition with fractures to both her femurs and a fracture to one arm. The three children extracted are all in stable condition.
Three right lanes on the I-17 were blocked because of the crash and remained blocked for over two hours with a roughly one-mile backup.
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found
- Cool front expected to blow into Arizona but little chance for rain, snow
- Phoenix Madison Square Garden once the center for events in the Valley
- Phoenix-area group donates food-filled backpacks to hungry schoolkids
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound