NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday:
Newmont Mining Corp., up 14 cents to $34.31
Mining companies rose with the price of gold Friday as investors sought safe havens for their money.
L3 Technologies Inc., up $2.90 to $165.80
Defense contractor stocks traded higher after the U.S. government launched missile strikes against Syria.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc., up $1.47 to $72.90
Investors bought high-dividend stocks, including household goods retailers.
WD-40 Co., down $5 to $101.95
The maintenance and cleaning product company had a disappointing fourth quarter and trimmed its sales projections.
Ryerson Holding Corp., up $1.20 to $13.50
The metal products distributor and processor forecast strong first-quarter results as both sales and prices rose.
Wells Fargo & Co., down 53 cents to $54.84
A shareholder advisory firm says shareholders should vote against most of the bank’s proposed directors.
PriceSmart Inc., down $5.85 to $87
The warehouse club operator reported a smaller second-quarter profit than analysts expected.
Regions Financial Corp., down 9 cents to $14.44
Banks traded lower Friday as bond yields and interest rates fell.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses