PIKE CREEK, Del. (AP) — Police in Delaware say a 4-year-old girl who was kidnapped while playing outside was sexually assaulted.
New Castle County police Chief Col. Vaugh Bond Jr. said at a news conference Friday that a passer-by found the child near a park about two hours after she was abducted Thursday.
Bond says the girl was taken to a hospital, where medical personnel determined she had been sexually assaulted.
The child was treated and released to her family.
Bond says the girl was outside with other children about 7 p.m. Thursday in the town of Pike Creek when a man in a dark-colored, four-door sedan with tinted windows approached her. Investigators say the man took the child into his car and drove away.
Police are looking for a white or Latino man.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix