LOS ANGELES (AP) — Arnold Schwarzenegger says Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY’-sik) should run again for the White House in 2020, effectively endorsing a primary challenge to President Donald Trump.
The former Republican California governor, movie star and bodybuilder told the Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/2oEJwSP ) in an interview published Wednesday that Kasich is “a man of substance” who has state and federal government experience, is a moderate and “has vision.”
Schwarzenegger also backed Kasich for president in 2016. The two men are friends and work together annually on the Arnold Classic bodybuilding competition in Ohio.
There is no love lost between Trump and Schwarzenegger. Schwarzenegger replaced him as the host of “Celebrity Apprentice,” and Trump repeatedly mocked him for poor television ratings.
For his part, Kasich says he’s not running for anything.
Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com/
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix