Main Street Minute: Teens can shop for free at prom ‘store’ in Peoria
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Every Saturday for the rest of April, My Girlfriend’s Closet will be open in Peoria to help outfit teens for prom season, free of charge. The retail space near 67th and Olive avenues was donated by Valley real estate mogul Michael Pollack and staffed by volunteers. Store hours are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Teens will have gently used gowns, dresses, shoes, tuxes and suits to choose from for the big night.
• The Embassy Suites is hiring for more than a dozen positions, including group sales manager, restaurant manager, bartenders, cooks and servers. The hotel is holding a job fair Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. near Scottsdale and Chaparral roads.
• Deer Valley Unified School District is hosting a teacher job fair Saturday. The event runs from 8 a.m. until noon at the district offices near 15th Avenue and Loop 101. The district is recruiting certified early childhood, elementary, middle, high school and special education teachers as well as nurses.
- Phoenix-area Starbucks turns away teen on horse in drive-thru
- Ex-radio host Keillor hopes sex harassment charges will fade
- Head of Scottsdale company surprises first-ever employee with Tesla
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars