Main Street Minute: Teens can shop for free at prom ‘store’ in Peoria
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Every Saturday for the rest of April, My Girlfriend’s Closet will be open in Peoria to help outfit teens for prom season, free of charge. The retail space near 67th and Olive avenues was donated by Valley real estate mogul Michael Pollack and staffed by volunteers. Store hours are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Teens will have gently used gowns, dresses, shoes, tuxes and suits to choose from for the big night.
• The Embassy Suites is hiring for more than a dozen positions, including group sales manager, restaurant manager, bartenders, cooks and servers. The hotel is holding a job fair Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. near Scottsdale and Chaparral roads.
• Deer Valley Unified School District is hosting a teacher job fair Saturday. The event runs from 8 a.m. until noon at the district offices near 15th Avenue and Loop 101. The district is recruiting certified early childhood, elementary, middle, high school and special education teachers as well as nurses.
- Main Street Minute: Nightspot to open in Scottsdale
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site
- Main Street Minute: Moms’ support service moves to Gilbert
- Flagstaff city leaders vote to not invest with border-wall contractors
- Alaska Airlines adds daily flight to Phoenix from Seattle suburb