Roadwork projects to close three freeways in Phoenix area this weekend
PHOENIX — Road maintenance will force the closure of three major freeways in the Phoenix area this weekend, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
Drivers who need to use both of the major highways will have to take a detour and should plan ahead for delays.
• Southbound Interstate 17 will be closed between Camelback and Thomas roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt resurfacing. The southbound I-17 on-ramp at Bethany Home Road will also be closed.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between the I-17 stack interchange and State Route 51 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday for tunnel cleaning and maintenance. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound I-10 will be closed.
• Westbound I-10 will be closed between the I-17 split interchange and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday for tunnel cleaning and maintenance. The southbound SR 51 ramp to the westbound I-10 and the southbound I-17 ramp to westbound I-10 will be closed. Ramps from the westbound Loop 202 to the westbound I-10 will be open, but drivers will be forced to exit at Seventh Street.
• The northbound Loop 101 will be closed between Warner Road and U.S. 60 from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday for sign installation. The northbound Loop 101 ramps to U.S. 60 will also be closed.
• Grand Avenue will be down to one lane in each direction between 103rd and 111th avenues from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday for resurfacing. ADOT said 107th Avenue will be closed at Grand Avenue.
• Northbound SR 51 will be down to two lanes between Glendale and Northern avenues from 5 a.m. to noon on Saturday for overhead sign work.
- Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix to be restricted over Nov. 17 weekend
- Motorcycle wreck brings Loop 101 East to standstill in Phoenix
- Crews start building sound walls along South Mountain Freeway in Phoenix
- Renovation rescheduled for Interstate 10 rest stop between Phoenix, Tucson
- New app geared to steer Arizona motorists out of trouble