MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — A man has been sentenced to seven years in the South Dakota State Penitentiary for biting off his girlfriend’s nose.
The Daily Republic reports (http://bit.ly/2oz5bvh ) that Judge Bruce Anderson called the January 2016 attack by John Abdo “unforgivable.” He sentenced Abdo this week to 15 years in prison with eight years suspended.
Authorities allege the 30-year-old man also bit his girlfriend numerous times elsewhere on her body. A jury convicted him of aggravated assault in February.
Abdo also was sentenced to serve half a year for escape. He failed to return to jail following a job interview in February 2016 and was on the lam for four months.
He’ll get credit for a little more than a year he’s already spent behind bars.
Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Violent crime in Arizona rose 13% in 2016, while property crime declined
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer