ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say a police officer in Atlanta shot a man several times, wounding him.
In a news release, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation says a Fulton County police officer responded to a report of a fight at an apartment complex in Atlanta on Thursday night.
The agency says the man ignored commands from police and an officer fired his weapon at some point, striking the man several times. The agency says it has learned that the wounded man didn’t live at the apartment complex and attacked a resident, who did not know the man.
The man was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment and is in critical condition.
The GBI says it’s reviewing the shooting at the Fulton County Police Department’s request.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix