COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio police say an officer shot and killed a man who pulled a BB gun from a bag as he stepped out of an ambulance to go into an emergency room.
Police say the Thursday afternoon shooting happened outside St. Ann’s hospital in Columbus.
Police say the man was experiencing psychological problems. They say medics in suburban Westerville who picked up the man asked Columbus police to accompany them.
Authorities say the man pulled the gun out of a bag after seeing the officer. The police department says the officer fired after the man refused to comply with repeated requests to get on the ground.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump