PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A popular television meteorologist in Maine’s largest city is missing.
The Portland Press Herald reports that Tom Johnston from WCSH-TV was reported missing Monday after he failed to return from a weekend event at the Sunday River ski resort.
Old Orchard Beach Police Detective Sgt. David Hemingway said Johnston is considered a missing person, but there’s been no indication that he’s in danger. Johnston’s last social media postings were made on Saturday, when a storm produced heavy snow in parts of Maine.
Brian Cliffe, general manager of WCSH, declined to comment Thursday, telling the newspaper that the situation is a “personal matter.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision