PAWTUCKET, R.I. (AP) — A minor league team in Rhode Island plans to create a replica of Fenway Park.
The Providence Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2oI2APB ) that the Pawtucket Red Sox are developing a replica of the Red Sox’s ballpark with identical field dimensions. PawSox Senior Vice President Dan Rea says the new stadium will be identical down to a copy of Fenway Park’s Green Monster wall.
Rea says the organization is surveying two possible sites for construction.
Rhode Island’s Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo and the state’s commerce secretary met privately Thursday with PawSox Chairman Larry Lucchino.
A study this year found that building a new stadium on McCoy Stadium’s current Pawtucket site would cost $78 million. An earlier proposal seeking taxpayer money to build a new stadium in Providence was met by public opposition.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast