PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump’s summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping (all times local):
President Donald Trump says he thinks China will “want to be stepping up” in trying to deter North Korea’s nuclear ambitions.
Trump spoke to reporters on Air Force One on his way to a summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
While Trump would not say what he wants China to do specifically with regards to North Korea, he suggested there was a link between “terrible” trade agreements the U.S. has made with China and Pyongyang’s provocations. He says the two issues “really do mix.”
The president has said that if China doesn’t exert more pressure on North Korea, the U.S. will act alone.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- US sends message to North Korea with flight north of DMZ
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Trump targets North Korea in new executive order
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action