CHICAGO (AP) — An actor on the television show “Empire” has been arrested on a misdemeanor domestic battery charge in Chicago.
Police say 46-year-old Morocco Omari was arrested Wednesday afternoon. They say officers were called to the Hyde Park neighborhood on Chicago’s South Side by a 24-year-old woman who identified herself as Omari’s girlfriend. She told officers Omari pushed her to the ground several times during an argument, causing scratches on her neck and chest.
The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office says Omari appeared in court Thursday. His next court date is April 20.
A representative for Omari did not immediately return a call for comment.
On the show that’s filmed in Chicago, Omari plays FBI Agent Tariq Cousins. He’s the half-brother of Lucious Lyon, who’s played by Terrence Howard.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data