CHICAGO (AP) — An actor on the television show “Empire” has been arrested on a misdemeanor domestic battery charge in Chicago.
Police say 46-year-old Morocco Omari was arrested Wednesday afternoon. They say officers were called to the Hyde Park neighborhood on Chicago’s South Side by a 24-year-old woman who identified herself as Omari’s girlfriend. She told officers Omari pushed her to the ground several times during an argument, causing scratches on her neck and chest.
The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office says Omari appeared in court Thursday. His next court date is April 20.
A representative for Omari did not immediately return a call for comment.
On the show that’s filmed in Chicago, Omari plays FBI Agent Tariq Cousins. He’s the half-brother of Lucious Lyon, who’s played by Terrence Howard.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump