Main Street Minute: Barbecue restaurant to open 3rd site in Phoenix area
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Bobby-Q is expanding again. The popular barbecue joint plans to open a spot, its third in the Valley, near 32nd Street and Camelback Road in August or September, the Phoenix Business Journal reports. Other locations are in north Phoenix and Mesa.
• Leading Edge Academy is hosting a hiring event Thursday evening. It runs from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. near Honeycutt and Porter roads in Maricopa. Leading Edge has six campuses across the East Valley. Open positions include elementary, secondary and special education teachers, as well as para-professionals and interventionists.
• There’s another job fair Thursday in the East Valley. It runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa Hotel near Center Street and University Drive. Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, IPSA Security and the Tucson Police Department are just a few of the employers who will be on hand.
- Phoenix PD searching for suspect in connection to officer involved shooting
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November
- Mac is back: Best Phoenix-area spots for National Mac and Cheese Day
- Twenty One Pilots to bring international tour to Phoenix this year