NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — Police in Virgina say a 12-year-old girl was left with a graze wound to her face after a shooting.
Newport News Police said in a statement that officers responding to a report of a shooting on Thursday morning were told the girl was in an upstairs apartment when she was hit. She was taken to a hospital with an injury that isn’t thought to be life-threatening.
Police say they are investigating and will release more information as it becomes available.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix