CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Two former College of Charleston fraternity brothers are facing new charges in connection with an alleged sexual assault at an on-campus party.
Media outlets reported Thursday that James West III is charged with third-degree criminal sexual conduct. Timothy Seppi is charged with second-degree assault and battery. Both are 22.
They were arrested last year after a former student said two men forced her into a bedroom during a party hosted by Alpha Epsilon Pi’s Chi Omicron chapter.
The woman says the men locked the door, took off her clothes and forced her to take illegal drugs. In a lawsuit against the school and fraternity, she says one man made her perform a sex act while the other videotaped.
Police say new charges stem from rape kit results matching West’s DNA.
Information from: The Post and Courier, http://www.postandcourier.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school