WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is thanking wounded veterans and soldiers for their service as he welcomes them to the White House.
Trump calls service members “real heroes.” He addressed them Thursday as part of the annual Wounded Warrior Project’s Soldier Ride.
The president says soldiers and veterans have “risked all that you have” to protect the country. He added: “You’ve earned our freedom with your sweat and your blood and your incredible sacrifice.”
The service members gathered in the White House with Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and their wives. Trump says he hopes to participate in the annual event for “about seven more years.”
The ride is a four-day event in the Washington area.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix