PITTSBURGH (AP) — Bon Jovi needed more medicine than prayers when it cut its Pittsburgh concert short because the band’s namesake blamed a cold for his sore throat.
The group was performing at PPG Paints Arena on Wednesday night when Jon Bon Jovi told the audience he has had a cold since Saturday night. But he said he would keep pushing on.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://bit.ly/2oHdWmM ) reports he also said: “This is the day when I need a karaoke singer. Which one of you guys in a bar band knows all the words to Bon Jovi songs?”
He sang “Bad Medicine” and wrapped things up after 90 minutes of the expected two-and-a-half hour show with “Livin’ on a Prayer.”
The band is scheduled to play New York’s Madison Square Garden on Friday.
Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, http://www.post-gazette.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95