PHOENIX — They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and maybe the new photography exhibit at Sky Harbor Airport gave a canvas to those who wouldn’t otherwise have one.
That’s because the exhibit will feature photos taken from participants of “Kids in Focus,” a program where at-risk youth ages 10-14 can learn photography over nine weeks from professional photographers.
Each photograph is in color and will be matted and framed. According to the a release from the airport, the pictures range in subject matter from “light-hearted” to “insightful and compelling.”
Phoenix Sky Harbor’s Terminal 4 — which services major airlines like American, Air Canada and Southwest — will display the photos on its third floor through Sept. 17. You can find out more about “Kids in Focus” on their website.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ranks No. 3 in nation for business travelers
- More changes made to departure routes from Sky Harbor airport
- One man unaccounted for after rig collapse near Phoenix airport
- Engine inspections force flight cancellations at Phoenix airport
- Southwest offering seasonal nonstop flights from Sky Harbor to LaGuardia