‘La La Land’ a date? Phoenix teen’s video asking Emma Stone to prom goes viral
PHOENIX — The theme of the smash hit “La La Land” was to work hard to make your dreams come true and one Phoenix teenager took that message to heart. Oscar-winning actress Emma Stone’s heart, that is.
In a video that is turning heads online, Arcadia High School student Jacob Staudenmaier and several — OK, a lot — of his friends recreated the entire first scene of the Oscar-winning film, but with a couple of twists.
The most notable is that Staudenmaier rewrote the movie’s opening song with lyrics about himself and taking Stone to prom. Our favorite line has to be about taking the actress to dinner while someone walks by with an Olive Garden sign in the background.
In addition to showing off his wit, Staudenmaier makes the point that the event is being held in Stone’s hometown. Technically, she is from Scottsdale and Arcadia High is in Phoenix, but it’s pretty darn close so we’ll let it slide.
Stone won’t have long to respond to the offer. Staudenmaier said his prom is April 29, about three-and-a-half weeks from the time this story was published.
He should have given her more time. After all, a girl needs time to find a dress and let her parents know she’s staying out late that night. It’s only polite.
- Ex-Tempe teacher sentenced to lifetime probation for sex with student
- Viewing, funeral service to be held for Phoenix-area police officer
- Phoenix man forced to eat marijuana by police settles suit for $100K
- Arpaio-Flake malicious-prosecution case reaches closing arguments
- Phoenix NCAA Final Four had some of year’s most expensive resale tickets