NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (AP) — The only bus passenger to survive a church minibus crash in rural Texas that killed 13 people has been released from a hospital.
The Austin American-Statesman reported Wednesday (http://atxne.ws/2nKzk7i ) that a hospital official confirmed 64-year-old Rose Mary Harris has left the San Antonio Military Medical Center.
The minibus collided with a pickup truck that officials have said appeared to cross the center line on a two-lane highway about 75 miles (120 km) west of San Antonio. The pickup driver survived the March 29 crash. A witness has said the pickup driver told him he was texting while driving. Authorities have not said whether texting played a role.
The minibus passengers were part of a group from New Braunfels, northeast of San Antonio, returning from a church retreat.
Information from: Austin American-Statesman, http://www.statesman.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Report: Pei Wei could move headquarters out of Arizona
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border