PHOENIX (AP) — A Phoenix-area teen is asking actress Emma Stone to be his prom date with an elaborate “La La Land” parody video .
Arcadia High School student Jacob Staudenmaier filmed his so-called “prom-posal” in the style of the opening song from Stone’s Oscar-winning film, which features a dance number in a traffic-filled Los Angeles highway. He enlisted dozens of classmates and a few teachers to help with the video.
Stone grew up in Scottsdale, a fact Staudenmaier mentions in the lyrics of his prom request.
Staudenmaier says asking Stone to prom started out as a joke. He says he has a backup date in case the actress doesn’t see his video.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Harvey-related gas prices should drop soon in Arizona
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Arizona lawmakers say global subsidies threaten local airline jobs