Main Street Minute: Fortune 500 companies hiring in metro Phoenix
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• There are a couple of big job fairs scheduled Wednesday in Phoenix. Fortune 500 companies with immediate openings are taking part in a hiring event from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza near 44th and Washington streets. Job seekers are also invited to meet with employers, including Starbucks, the City of Phoenix, National Guard and more, from 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. at Neighborhood Ministries near 19th Avenue and Van Buren Street.
• A new realty firm has launched in the Valley with plans to hire 1,200 agents this year. Scottsdale-based Clayton Nash Real Estate said it operates on a 100 percent commission structure, and provides office space with computers, telephones, signs and other essentials to its agents for $25 a month.
- Tempe’s Innings Festival set to begin this weekend
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Arizona’s economy, population growth ranked above national average
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas