Main Street Minute: Fortune 500 companies hiring in metro Phoenix
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• There are a couple of big job fairs scheduled Wednesday in Phoenix. Fortune 500 companies with immediate openings are taking part in a hiring event from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza near 44th and Washington streets. Job seekers are also invited to meet with employers, including Starbucks, the City of Phoenix, National Guard and more, from 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. at Neighborhood Ministries near 19th Avenue and Van Buren Street.
• A new realty firm has launched in the Valley with plans to hire 1,200 agents this year. Scottsdale-based Clayton Nash Real Estate said it operates on a 100 percent commission structure, and provides office space with computers, telephones, signs and other essentials to its agents for $25 a month.
- Scottsdale named among best cities for renters, Glendale among worst
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Why wasn’t Arizona chosen for Amazon’s second headquarters?
- Phoenix-area programs awarded $26 million to give shelter to homeless
- Search for missing Phoenix woman comes to end; no remains found