Food Network’s ‘Ginormous Food’ to film at several Arizona restaurants this week
PHOENIX — The Food Network will highlight some of the big and delicious food the Valley has to offer when its show “Ginormous Food” films at Porkopolis in Scottsdale on Wednesday.
The show’s premise is just what it sounds like: It travels to restaurants around the nation to find the biggest and tastiest foods in America.
According to a press release, Porkopolis will feature the Brady Bacon Burger, Mammoth Meatloaf Platter and Ginormous Meat Plate during its shoot on Wednesday. The restaurant’s original location in Chandler has been open since 2012.
But that’s not all for the Valley’s big foods: “Ginormous Food” has or will also film this week at Chompie’s in Tempe, El Palacio Mexican Restaurant and Cantina in Chandler and Stray Dogs, BOCA Tacos, and Lindy’s on 4th in Tucson, according to ABC15.
The show is hosted by Josh Denny and premiered in January. A Food Network blog says the show will “go inside restaurants across the country from Philly to Richmond to Nashville, to showcase the little known but big and big flavored bites they’re serving up.”
While it is not known yet when Arizona’s big foods will premiere on the small screen, the second season of “Ginormous Food” is set to premiere on April 28 on the Food Network.
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Scottsdale woman found safe
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Main Street Minute: Popular Gilbert restaurant closes for remodeling
- Taco lovers, unite! Arizona Taco Festival to return to Scottsdale