ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities have arrested a man who they say shot and killed a woman on a busy Midtown Atlanta street.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://on-ajc.com/2ozRL2d ) 39-year-old Raylon Browning, of Roswell, is accused of shooting 40-year-old Trinh Huynh just before 8 a.m. Monday at an intersection. Huynh was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital where she died from her injuries.
Huynh lived about a block from where she was shot and worked as an attorney.
Atlanta police Lt. Ricardo Vazquez says investigators haven’t determined if Huynh and Browning knew each other, but they do believe Huynh was targeted and being followed by Browning.
Browning was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and murder. It was unknown if he has an attorney who could speak on his behalf.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border