PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A popular reenactor who portrayed Benjamin Franklin in Philadelphia for more than 40 years and married a woman who portrays Betsy Ross has died.
The Alleva Funeral Home in Paoli (pay-OH’-lee) confirms that Ralph Archbold died on March 25. He had turned 75 on January 17th, a birthday he shared with Franklin.
Archbold was a frequent fixture in the city’s historic area and took his homage to Franklin to events around the world.
He and Linda Wilde married in costume at Independence Hall on July 3, 2008.
A family statement lists two sons, two daughters and a stepdaughter among his other survivors.
A funeral home spokesman says the services held for Archbold were private.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix