DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — An Air Force base spokesman says an F-16C fighter jet had to make an emergency landing in Ohio because of a hydraulic leak.
The Dayton Daily News (http://bit.ly/2nUnYOB) reports the jet landed safely Tuesday at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton. Base spokesman Bryan Ripple told the newspaper that the jet was one of two from the Toledo-based 180th Fighter Wing that landed at the base shortly after 10 a.m.
Firefighters were standing by near the main runway as a precaution when the jet landed. Ripple said that is the normal procedure for any in-flight emergency declared by a pilot.
The fighter wing is a unit of the Ohio Air National Guard.
Information from: Dayton Daily News, http://www.daytondailynews.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’