DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — An Air Force base spokesman says an F-16C fighter jet had to make an emergency landing in Ohio because of a hydraulic leak.
The Dayton Daily News (http://bit.ly/2nUnYOB) reports the jet landed safely Tuesday at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton. Base spokesman Bryan Ripple told the newspaper that the jet was one of two from the Toledo-based 180th Fighter Wing that landed at the base shortly after 10 a.m.
Firefighters were standing by near the main runway as a precaution when the jet landed. Ripple said that is the normal procedure for any in-flight emergency declared by a pilot.
The fighter wing is a unit of the Ohio Air National Guard.
Information from: Dayton Daily News, http://www.daytondailynews.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood