AUBURN, Maine (AP) — A Maine woman who attacked her then-boyfriend with a claw hammer because he was “lazy” is going to prison for 15 months.
The Sun Journal reported (http://bit.ly/2oyIAPD ) that Justice Robert Clifford suspended most of the eight-year sentence he imposed Monday because 34-year-old Crystal Foss had no criminal history and had been plagued by mental health problems.
The Lewiston woman pleaded guilty in January to aggravated assault.
The prosecutor sought a five-year sentence, saying the attack a year ago was unprovoked. The defense contended Foss hadn’t been taking her medications, making her mentally unstable.
The victim said he didn’t blame Foss for the attack but did blame her “for not taking her meds.”
He was left with head wounds that took 10 staples to close.
Information from: Sun-Journal, http://www.sunjournal.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally