SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Police say a South Dakota man detained for questioning in the death of his wife had blood on himself when he asked to use a gas station’s bathroom just hours after her body was found.
Sioux Falls police say 43-year-old Irving Jumping Eagle was arrested on a warrant Tuesday in the death of 33-year-old Alicia Jumping Eagle. The warrant was on charges of first-degree murder, second-degree murder and manslaughter. Formal charges are expected Wednesday.
Alicia Jumping Eagle was reported missing Sunday. Her body was found in a Sioux Falls apartment Monday.
Police allege Irving Jumping Eagle had blood on himself while at a gas station Monday afternoon about 300 miles away near Streeter, North Dakota. He was detained Tuesday in eastern South Dakota.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast