FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A former president of retail chain Kmart has been named president and CEO of Pier 1 Imports.
Fort Worth-based Pier 1 on Monday announced the appointment of Alasdair James.
James, who has served as Kmart president since 2014, begins his new duties May 1 with the home furnishings company. James replaces Terry London, the chairman of the board of Pier 1 who has served as interim president and CEO since January.
Kmart is a wholly owned subsidiary of Illinois-based Sears Holding Corp. Sears last month reported a fourth-quarter loss of $607 million, or $5.67 per share.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Main Street Minute: Big-name companies set to attend Phoenix job fair
- Target is raising minimum hourly wage to $15 by end of 2020
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service