FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A former president of retail chain Kmart has been named president and CEO of Pier 1 Imports.
Fort Worth-based Pier 1 on Monday announced the appointment of Alasdair James.
James, who has served as Kmart president since 2014, begins his new duties May 1 with the home furnishings company. James replaces Terry London, the chairman of the board of Pier 1 who has served as interim president and CEO since January.
Kmart is a wholly owned subsidiary of Illinois-based Sears Holding Corp. Sears last month reported a fourth-quarter loss of $607 million, or $5.67 per share.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Trump ends business councils after slew of CEOs drop out