MOUNT HOLLY, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in North Carolina have identified a 14-year-old girl who died after being found shot at a park.
Police tell local media outlets the girl found Monday afternoon has been identified as 14-year-old Taylor Sorera Smith of Charlotte.
Authorities say the shooting happened about 3 p.m. in River Street Park in Mount Holly, which is 12 miles (19 kilometers) northwest of Charlotte. The girl was shot multiple times and was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police are still investigating the shooting, and no arrests have been made.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix