British man goes full Iron Man, builds jet-pack suit
Humans have long had an infatuation with flight. Like the superheroes we see in comic books or on the big screen, perhaps it’s a pipe dream to soar through the sky like Superman or Iron Man.
For one entrepreneur, that pipe dream became reality.
A video of a British man named Richard Browning trying out his home-built jet suit went viral. It shows Browning placing small jet engines in different locations on his body, hopping about as the jets propelled him a few feet into the air.
He appears to be marketing it as a product called “Gravity,” an ironic name for a product intended to defy the physical law that literally keeps people grounded.
Who knows whether these suits, reminiscent of Iron Man, will come to commercial fruition in the United States. But either way, it looks like fun.
- With storms coming, Arizona firefighters rescue dog from drain
- Police release video of Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim’s DUI arrest
- Former NAZ Suns assistant found dead in Phoenix, posted farewell video
- See spectacular images of enormous dust walls in Arizona
- Boston police officers belt out stirring version of ‘God Bless America’