ABBEVILLE, La. (AP) — State police say a man was shot and wounded in an exchange of gunfire with police in Abbeville.
Abbeville Police Chief Tony Hardy told south Louisiana news outlets it happened Sunday evening. Police were investigating reports of recurring gunfire near a mobile home when a man began firing. They returned fire, hitting him several times.
On Monday, state police identified the wounded man as Clyde Burns of Abbeville. KATC-TV reported that Burns was in critical condition Sunday night and remained in an intensive care unit in Lafayette on Monday.
Officials say no officers were hurt.
State police said Burns is a 57-year-old black man. Police have not released the identities or races of the officers involved.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Car chase down Interstate 10 ends south of Phoenix, driver in custody