GREENE, Maine (AP) — A Maine man who killed two cats because his daughter is allergic to them is facing animal cruelty charges.
WMTW-TV (http://bit.ly/2oCKETQ) reports 47-year-old Michael Herrmann, of Greene, killed the cats with his bare hands. The cats belonged to a family friend who was staying with Herrmann.
The station reports Herrmann told Greene’s animal control officer that he killed the cats because he did not want them in the house due to his daughter’s allergy.
He turned himself in on Monday at the Androscoggin County Jail and was later bailed out. It was unclear if he is represented by an attorney.
Herrmann faces a felony charge of aggravated cruelty to animals.
Information from: WMTW-TV, http://www.wmtw.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Report: 90 percent of Maricopa County shelter animals find new homes