CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia woman has pleaded guilty to an animal cruelty charge after police said several dead cats were found in her apartment’s refrigerator.
WCHS-TV (http://bit.ly/2ouLnJm) reports 31-year-old Madeline Gourevitch of Charleston was fined $300 Monday. A county magistrate suspended a six-month sentence, which will be dropped after a year if she completes 20 hours of community service and stays out of trouble.
According to a criminal complaint, police and animal officials last month found the cats, which died of starvation. A landlord who was checking the property had noticed a smell coming from the kitchen.
Police say cat feces were scattered about the apartment.
Information from: WCHS-TV, http://www.wchstv.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix