HERNANDO, Fla. (AP) — Florida authorities say a man stabbed his ex-girlfriend with a sword and then ran her over with his truck.
The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release that deputies found 42-year Brandi Blevins dead in the front yard of a home Sunday night.
Detectives said 41-year-old Eric Huffman had stabbed Blevins with a large sword. The sheriff’s office said a witness told them that after Huffman stabbed Blevins, he jumped into his truck and drove over the victim before crashing into a tree. He ran, but was later captured. It was unclear exactly what killed Blevins.
Huffman is charged with premeditated murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He’s in jail without bail.
His first appearance in court was scheduled for Monday. Court records didn’t indicate if he had an attorney.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision