Big bucks: $60 million jackpot Powerball lottery ticket sold in Arizona
PHOENIX — Check those Powerball tickets, Arizona, because yours could be worth a $60 million jackpot.
The Arizona Lottery said the jackpot-winning ticket was sold in Littlefield, Arizona, at the Scenic General Store on Scenic Boulevard.
Littlefield is about 15 miles from the point where the Utah, Nevada and Arizona borders meet in the northwest part of the state.
The winner has 180 days to claim the prize, but they have to make a decision first.
“They can either take the advertised jackpot amount of $60 million over a 30-year annuity, or they can take the cash lump sum of $36.4 million,” Arizona Lottery spokeswoman Nikki O’Shea said.
The winning ticket, sold for Saturday’s drawing, was the first jackpot in the state in five years.
“Arizona hasn’t seen a Powerball jackpot winner since 2012, so we’re definitely excited about this one,” O’Shea said.
The winning combination of numbers was 9, 32, 36, 44 and 65. The Powerball was 1 and the Powerplay number was 3.
KTAR’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Luck of the draw? Arizona Lottery pulls machine after duplicate numbers
- Lucky Arizonans won $300,000 in massive Powerball draw
- Arizona Lottery to feature local artist’s designs on tickets for first time
- That’s a big check: $1 million Powerball ticket sold in Arizona
- Check your pockets: Unclaimed Powerball tickets worth $100K about to expire