CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities are investigating after an Uber driver was shot when he was dropping off a customer.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police tell local media outlets the shooting happened at around 10 p.m. Saturday at an apartment complex in Ballantyne, a neighborhood in Charlotte.
Police say the driver dropped off a customer and then encountered someone who shot at him several times, hitting him once.
Police say the man was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities say the alleged shooter Michael Dunlap, who lives in the complex, has been charged with attempted first-degree murder and damage to property. It wasn’t immediately known if he had an attorney.
This story has been corrected to say that Ballantyne is a neighborhood in Charlotte, instead of a suburb.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix