PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. (AP) — Someone has returned a book to a New Jersey library 50 years after it was taken out.
The Phillipsburg Free Public Library says its copy of Jules Verne’s “Dropped From The Clouds” was left in its book drop on Thursday. It had been checked out on Jan. 5, 1967.
Library director Deb Messling tells NJ.com (http://bit.ly/2nA0u0o ) that records don’t go back that far to determine who had checked it out. Messling says the book’s condition is too poor to return to the shelves.
The library’s late fee is 10 cents a day, but it is capped at $3.
Information from: NJ.com, http://www.nj.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees