TISHOMINGO, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi say an officer killed himself after admitting he molested a teenager.
The Clarion-Ledger (http://on.thec-l.com/2nOZLLy ) reports that 53-year-old Russ Robinson made the admission after he was questioned by authorities about molesting a 17-year-old boy. Police say he had flashed his headlights and pulled the teen over. Robinson was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound inside his home near Iuka on March 24.
Robinson left the Tishomingo County Sheriff’s Department after a new sheriff was elected in 2015 and began working at the Tishomingo Police Department. Robinson was still working for the police department at the time of his death.
Authorities are continuing to investigate. They seized the computer Robinson used.
Information from: The Clarion-Ledger, http://www.clarionledger.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood