NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a 13-year-old girl trying to retrieve her cellphone after it fell onto New York City subway tracks has been struck and killed by a train.
It happened at a station in Queens on Sunday afternoon.
Police say Deena Kadribasic climbed down onto the tracks and was struck by a southbound R train.
The girl was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95