ALLEGAN, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a western Michigan toddler has been struck and killed by a truck driven by his grandfather.
The Allegan County Sheriff’s Office says 17-month-old Brentyn Allen Combs-Easterday could not be revived after being struck Saturday night at his grandparents’ home outside Allegan
Officers say the boy was being supervised by his grandparents while his mother was at work. His grandmother was holding onto him while his grandfather got into his truck to leave, but the boy broke away from the woman and was immediately struck by the truck travelling at a slow speed.
This version of the story corrects the day the incident happened to Saturday, not Sunday.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood