NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (AP) — Authorities are investigating how a one-month-old baby boy was shot dead in suburban Las Vegas.
North Las Vegas police say the infant and a 22-year-old man were both struck by gunfire Saturday night.
The two were in a Chrysler sedan with a 19-year-old woman driver, 4-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl.
They were shot at multiple times while parked in an apartment complex.
Police say emergency crews took the man and baby to a hospital after the Chrysler crashed into another car while driving off.
The infant died. The man is in stable condition. The other people in the car weren’t hurt.
There’s no information on the suspects, who had fled the scene.
Police say the shooters and victims knew each other and that it’s not a random act of violence.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump