GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — The NCAA Tournament is ready to carve out its finalists from among the Final Four.
South Carolina, Gonzaga, Oregon and North Carolina are the last teams standing in a March Madness field that started with 68 teams.
There are three games left to determine the 2017 champion, starting with two semifinals on Saturday night.
The first game between South Carolina and Gonzaga features a key matchup between two interior players: 7-foot-1 Przemek Karnowski of Gonzaga and South Carolina’s Maik Kotsar, who stands at 6-10.
Oregon stands in the way of North Carolina’s chance to reach the title game for a second straight year. One key for North Carolina will be the health of point guard Joel Berry II, who has been battling ankle issues but is expected to play.
The winners will play Monday night for the title.
For more AP college basketball coverage: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Tempe police, federal agents haul in 30,000 fentanyl pills during traffic stop
- 1 American killed, 1 injured in Spain attacks
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona