PHOENIX — Valley staple Ted’s Hot Dogs is both renovating its Tempe location and opening a second restaurant in the Phoenix area.
Arizona State University’s newspaper, the State Press, said the new location will be near Germann and Gilbert roads in Chandler. It is expected to open sometime during the holiday season.
Keith Call, the general manager of the Tempe location, said the Chandler eatery will boast the company’s first drive-through and will also offer online ordering as a test for other restaurants.
“In order to have an online we want to have a designated online grill, so the people in line don’t have to battle or compete with the online orders,” company President Thecly Liaros Ortolani told the student newspaper.
The Tempe renovation will likely happen sometime in late May or early June, Call said. It should take about three weeks.
“In Tempe, when we shut down, we’re going to (do) cosmetic construction, new floors, new walls and we’re going to update some things. Basically, we’re going to change the look of our restaurant,” he said.
Tempe will not get a drive-though during this round of work as the company is taking a wait-and-see approach to the Chandler store.
Ted’s Hot Dogs was originally founded in Buffalo, New York by Ortolani’s grandfather, Theodore Liaros. The Tempe location was opened 30 years ago by Ortolani’s father, who retired in Arizona.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments